Friday, January 06, 2006

Man Vasanai

The pits that I encountered on roads , cuts that made in my bike , road side food stalls , railway gate , visits to sathyam theatre ,spencer ,coffe day represent my teenage .


"Oh my God !! so much garbage , dirty roads , rude drivers , crowded busses , cheating auto drivers , corrupt cop "said the bloody american ."Being at home , drinking moms tea , eating south indian food , pretty tamil girls ,watching tamil movies "said the simple tamilian .

Cost of living has gone up , petrol is nearing 50's , 500 is the running currency , bikes cars for every one are the new elements of the chennai life .

A lot of movies to watch , a lot of school and college friends to meet , a lot of shopping to do ....

Have I redicovered myself or have I lost my past.I am happy to be back in Chennai ....

4 comments:

Narayanan Venkitu said...

I think its natural for anyone who goes back home to reality.!!

Whatever be it..whatever happens around...dirt..dust etc..etc...Home with MOM and DAD...is like the Master Card Commercial.!!Money can't buy it.!!

Enjoy and stay healthy.!!

Unknown said...

Have fun.

Gladtomeetin said...

Its Always "Home Sweet Home" however it is..... Njoi your stay at home...Have gr8 Fun ;-))

arvindh said...

Nothing can beat being in Chennai. Of course I am biased, but what is life without these feelings to tide us over?

I love the smell of chennai. In my daily commute between Avadi and Tambaram - there is a whole range of sensations that touch your nostrils. From shaw wallace, brittania, chrompet...you needn't even have to have your eyes open to know where you are.

I know that I am stretching the figurative meaning of Man Vaasanai to also include the literal - but I think this meaning is just as important (at least to me) as the other.