Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Why I like to travel


Growing up, I spent my summers across various states on North India along the Himalayan belt. Living in single room house with my mom and dad at 10,000 feet above the sea level , where the only way to reach there was through a chopper , was exiting and liberating at the same time. I have lived in various scenic places such as Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Rajasthan due to the nature of my father’s job.

Two significant travel experiences during my adult life were gypt in 2009 and Peru in 2010 x-max .Having returned from Peru just a few days ago , I can still feel the cultural exuberance of Peruvians. Spiritual insights of Incan civilization and their love for mother earth( Pacha mama) has made me realize that we are living in this planet borrowing everything from the mother earth , Including the very body we call it ours.

I worked in Microsoft for 5 years and lived a very city oriented life. This trip to peru has made me realize that life lived with close proximity to nature (plants , animal) is most enriching.

1 comment:

Da Rodent said...

lucky bastard :P