Sunday, April 02, 2006

Trust , influence ,positive energy , inspiration and belief


Ashok , a good friend of mine handed me a copy of "Wings of Fire "which is Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's autobiography .A man who is admired in the Global Community .One Chapter of the book has inspired me to write this post and I am sure remaining portions of this book will motivate me more .

Every person born into a family acquires its Socio Economical Values , he is taught a few good things by his parents. Teachers mould his thought , make him ready to accept challenges ,and to deal with uncertainties that life has in store .Friends , mentors , elders influence your thinking. After obtaining inspiration from many sources we draft a plan on our own and set to achieve it .Religious feeling aka spirituality which ever way we choose, tends to have an influence to on our thinking too .

I have always performed better when my parents encouraged me , my teachers motivated me and my friends trusted me .I take responsibilities for my actions and thank god for the great things he has done to me in my life , the good friends and mentors who he has sent to guide me .

I believe every one can be a positive influence in some ones life , creating positive energy in others is reciprocative .Let us be the source of inspiration for a few people whom we cross as we travel the journey of life.

12 comments:

xKEYRRUH said...

cool blog :D. i like your posts. keep up the good work! :D

Ujjwal said...

you write well and on interesting topics... good stuff man

Unknown said...

Hello,

It was nice to read of whatever you wrote about Dr.Kalam and his autobiography. Truly the book is motivating. i particularly love the phrase he's written:
Beautiful hands are those that do
work that is earnest, brave and true
Monment by moment
all day through

I recently won a National Award for creative writing from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi and also had the priviledge of having a tea party with him. the best side to him is that he is terribly down to earth, articulate and to creative people he comes across as a mentor!
he is one amazing person, and for winners of the title that i won which is the Balshree he ensured we get to see the whole Rashtrapati Bhavan along with its treasured museum which otherwise is meant for international delegates!

So i would say whatever you say abt him after reading the book is quite true for him in person as well.
You can visit my blog at:
Torsa Ghosal's blog
My Poems
My Short Fiction

You can also visit the website of the Balshrees at:
The Balshree web world

Kudos and keep writing!

Smugam said...

@Kaimedz12

Thanks !!

@Sreechaxl

Thanks buddy

@torsa

The biggest award that I received for my scribbling was a comment by a writer of your calibre .

Su said...

Kalam would only eat thair sadham for lunch from Hotel Bharani near my house. That was unnecessary information. However, he urges young people like us to educate more needy people in India.

Shiv, like-minded people like you and me should idetify a group and collect some money. Once we're settled, even 10 dollars a month per person will do. Assuming we collect $200 a month, that could be used to educate a poor child. We must work on something together :)

He is a great soul :)

Lavanya said...

The things that you wrote here were in fashion 5000 years ago, is in fashion today and will never go out of fashion 5000 years later. Trust and faith are that important to our lives and the lack of it, that detrimental. Great stuff, keep going!

mitr_bayarea said...

Nice post with powerful thoughts. Have heard of Kalam's autobiography being inspirational to several youngsters, but haven't yet had a chance to read it. A review of the book after your reading would be helpful.

Smugam said...

@Paranoia
Great thought we should start helping the people in need.Motivation and support is the least we can do.

@lavanya
Faith changes the way we look at life.

@mitr_bayarea
Will defnitely write a review of the book "Wings of Fire "

SeePearrl said...

thats so true...

I Love this particular line of his from the same book:

"Each individual on this beautiful planet is created by God to fulfil a particular role." His message to the several-million mass of India is "To never feel small or helpless. We are all born with a divine fire in us. Our efforts should be to give wings to this fire and fill the world with the glow of its goodness".

I belive in the above lines!

Su said...

YAWN . Enough of this goody stuff. Write something more sexciting please

Smugam said...

@Paranoai

I know too much dose of serious stuff
need to find some thing interesting to write

Unknown said...

There is an audio book version of Wings of Fire. Very masterfully narrated by Girish Karnad.
See if you can get your hands on that audio books. It's got a different feel to it.