Monday, May 01, 2006

Cell Phone Mani

Cell phone has been an integral part of my social life .My relationship with my Cell went sour when I touched her with with wet hands . For the past few days , volume functionality of my cell phone was repaired, by which I mean the display and other tasks work fine, but I cannot hear anything from the phone nor can I talk into it .

This morning I rushed to the Verizon wireless stores hoping to find a remedy for the illness , my cell phone had contracted .The store keeper checked a few things and said , that the cell phone has liquid damage and that I need to buy a new one for $150 .

This is the famous "Car Kit" Error of LG phones where in the phone assumes that a hands free ear phone has been plugged in and all external volumes are muted .I read user groups for the past two days , stripped the cell phone apart , cleaned the PCB , used a high power duster to remove all dusts , Used a microscope in my lab to see if any lines are shorted , broke into the firmware setting and cleared all firmware errors , channeled all my embedded knowledge , but sadly Nothing worked .


A disappointed me , sitting on my bed at 11 pm not able to talk to my friends unable to pick up calls.Is there any hope or Is this the end of my relationship with my cell phone . The final tip was to fold a aluminum foil and insert it into the slot for the battery charger. I had little faith in this trick , but I wanted to try this as it was my last resort . I ran down to my kitchen picked a strip of aluminum foil made a small piece , big enough to fit the battery charger slot and scrubbed it .To my Great Surprise the volume was enabled again and my Cell phone came alive from 3 days of coma .Tonight I am a happy man , my Life support System is back up .

Moral of the story is , if you in a bad situation in life and feel there is no solution for your problem don't loose heart , type the key words of your problem in GOOGLE and you are sure to find a solution .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow kadhai ellam nalla dhan erunthuthuuu .... but unnoda sweetheart ... err .. ur mobile pathhi oru mini desc. kooda kodukalai :D [hope u still remember a bit of our native tamil]

Smugam said...

Kadali is a very simple LG phone nothing fancy about it so no description

@tamil
Enna macchi Otule solitu vandutiya , keeseduven

Is is good enough

Su said...

Yayy !
Congrats on your lab experience . make sure you don't end up blowing up your own face due to poor circuiting

Smugam said...

@paranoia

Dont worry I know Ohms Law V=IR so nothing will happen , if the ciruit breaks I will sue Ohm .LOL

cutefreaky said...

machi do u know its a sin to GOOGLE when there is www.live.com.. first lesson for you at orientation ...lol

Jagan said...

ni engayo poita da ..

Da Rodent said...

ada paavi... aluminium foil used to wrap food??

Well., if the unit was 'thinking' that it is connected to a hands-free., why not really connect a hands free. Maybe it was outputting stuff on the handsfree..

Gladtomeetin said...

Cool....U got ur cellphone back in shape......

The last sentence was good....Happy Googling :-))