Monday, May 08, 2006

Mind Your words

Just 5 posts away from my 50th I write one , which is loosely based on my blog URL .MIND YOUR WORDS a constant battle that I have fought, with very little success . I have had a history of LOOSE TALK , atleast that's what I consider .I have had many instances where immediately after saying something I wish I hadn't.

I have always believed that LOOSE TALK is associated with extreme emotions , by which I mean we talk a lot when we are angry or in a happy state of mind . WE here belongs to those people who find it difficult to control their emotions , people who speak their heart out . I have had friends , mentors and family members(read it as BRO) whom I have seldom noticed utter something which was more than required , I admire their self composure , but how do they pull it off so well ?? My best pals Ashok and Bala exhibit the same composure , I envy those people because they have to deal with lot less troubles. Words that we speak are the root cause of most trouble.Take note that these composed people are by no means introvert ,they are full of energy , fun loving and great people to be with .

Many a times I have observed that good deeds are overcast by bad words , people who are in the good books of their friends and family members are those who maintain control over the words they speak . As the battle of my mind over the words continue I leave here with a question in my mind "Will I be know for what I said or by what I did ??"

12 comments:

mitr_bayarea said...

hmm...this one really hit close to home. Wish i could practice on using some self restraint over the words i utter in many instances. Alas, inspite of my actions being well intentioned or good, all that remains is the words that i have uttered.

Smugam said...

Very true ..all that remains is the words !!

Lavanya said...

We all get into open-mouth-insert-foot situations at some point of time or the other. The important thing is to keep your words soft so that they don't hurt if u ever have to swallow them:-)

Smugam said...

@raz
Thanks and Welcome here !!


@lavanya
open-mouth-insert-foot!!
well said

Su said...

Shiv ! Never mind your words with me :) When we're in hell, lets talk about this.

Anonymous said...

there are 2 ways to look at this
1)say what u mean & mean what u say;no sugar-coating of words.difficult to live by this philosophy could end up hurting ppl.but atleast ppl knw wht u mean & say
2)sugar coat words so u deliver the message but not hurt the ppl concerned.again difficult to live by coz......c'mon how many times have we thought abt wht we say when we r happy or sad or excited....
moral:be urself,anyway u choose to live your life,u r bound to hurt ppl,might as well do it being comfortable
:0)

Da Rodent said...

are you talking about our ashok??

Well., he really does think before talking.

Da Rodent said...

for all the shit i blabber., i'm annoyingly silent when drunk :-S

Messed Up said...

I would have to agree two many words come out of me.

cutefreaky said...

i have that problem too.... best example is.. whn ppl(frnds) arnd me keep complaining abt smthin without havn guts to voice out things.. i really voice it out and end up in trouble.. I hv hrd ppl say that good deeds are wiped away by bad words..i kinda reassure myself.. that I always act with conscience and that I never do anything thats wrong :-)...I try to help even if it means to speak up
tata
sukku

Vidya said...

I am plagued by this problem too... If I dont like something then I need to tell people that I dont like it .. It is a compulsive urge.. But I think with mind conditioning I can get over it.. But I find that hypocratic.. But u need to be a hypocrit.. enna hellukku povai instead of heaven :D

SeePearrl said...

"Words that we speak are the root cause of most trouble."

I agree!

"Will I be known for what I said or by what I did ??"

i believe we will be known for wat we do rather than wat we say!