Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Are you born creative or you become one.


I have spent hours wasting TV and browsing the internet aimlessly .But When some one asks me "Hey ship what are your interests". I would proudly say "Listening to Tamil music and playing cricket".That's when the inner me says "Common dude Tamil Music is fun I agree whats up with cricket who does not play it , tell me something different".

Usually the person asking me the question follows it up with "Do you play any instruments ? Any games like tennis ? Basketball? (People in India consider cricket part of life like Breakfast , lunch ,Cricket and Dinner ).No No no.How about Photography ,painting ? .Thank god some releif ,with great pride i would say " I take a lot of fotos".

Many time I wondered was it the place that you grew up ,your parents motivation ,
your friends ,that inspire you to become creative or is it just you who is responsible for it .Shamelessly I have put the blame on my MOM saying that all she wanted me to do was to Study and I did that obediently but MOM did not encourage me do creative things.

Artists ,painters , writers need a congenial environment do pursue their creative
endeavourer's wait a minute they were artists first before they seized an environment .

SO for all those people out there who are blaming it on the city you grew up ,school you studied , your strict MOM .Its time to think about the new things in life you want to experience .You need first think ..think deeply ..Think differently and think a lot .These are the first few steps to make your thought creative .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

editing this blog wud be the next creative task on my agenda ..jst kidding...good job shiv...broadening ur spectrum of thinking offlate ...i see!!....r.

Anonymous said...

Circumstances and surroundings do influence the way we all turn out. A child who has seen violence all his life will be immune to it which explains why a thirteen year would consider blowing himself up. Unless the individual is uprooted from his or her surroundings and exposed to a new environment, the phrase think outside the box is nothing but a catch phrase.