Saturday, October 15, 2005

Leader ..Leadership ..Captain ....CEO What are they all about ???


My mom wants me to do an MBA and become a CEO .My Mom is ambitious sometimes impractical but for sure she inspires me ..And makes me think .Ok lets say I want to be a CEO of a big corporation .What skills do I need ?

This question leads to bigger question so is there a set of skills one need to gain to become a leader or are leaders born with those abilities thing I always believed in is if you want to be a leader you need followers you need them to trust you .To make this happen you need to lead by example and prove that you are truly worth their devotion .Many successful leaders were those who being among peers demonstrated great skill and ability and his own peers escalated him to Leadership.Self proclaimed leadership is dangerous .When it comes to leadership no article is complete without mentioning the dictators .Hitler ,Saddam ,Mussolini all ruled by terror .Is that the right way ? No it is not .

According to me a good leader is one who commands respect by his action ,is in good faith of his followers and leads them to a path of prosperity and protects them in moments of adversity .So is leader a GOD ?? And who is GOD by the way?? .I believe every man who does good to fellow human beings is god .Love is God.Leadership is a blessing and it needs to exercised with utmost care.

For thoose who dont know who this Guy is he is NarayanaMurthy the Former CEO of INFOSYS .If in future i happened to be a leader i would want to be like him .

1 comment:

GS said...

Nice Blog..

Keep Blogging!