Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Diwali in California aka Home away from home



At 4pm pacific time I was sitting in my office in California .Diwali
it is in India .In chennai where I am from ,Young kids with their new
clothes would be bursting crackers ,women clad in their kancheepuram
saris prepaing for Lakshmi pooja.Sweets are prepared weeks in advance and are being distributed to Neighbors friends and family.As I was driving back to home I asked myself what was the point of living in US when my heart truly was else where ?wouldn't it be great if I were in India celebrating Diwali ?

I had a dinner invitation at my colleague's place .He is more of a
friend and well wisher .Murali and Shashi had hosted diwali dinner for a few of their friends and I am lucky to be part of it.I entered their house to a warm smile of shashi wishing me happy diwali , a few people had gathered before me .Smell of great food was was in the air and we started talking merrily about various topics.
All serious topics were turned into banters by muralis one liners aka kadi jokes.It is amazing how in new county where I know
only a handful of people, far away from the buzz of diwali in India I was having a great evening .Small deeds of affection ,love and care goes a long way in making people's life better .

This diwali is among my cherishable moments and no prizes for guessing for who made it memorable.



First Pic : The feast

Second : Shashi&Murali (hosts) ,my mentor at work murali ,Umesh nd kartik ( Colleagues)

1 comment:

Da Rodent said...

ok., that was slightly freaky. How did you land up there. AFAIK, i dont have links to that blog from anywhere .. :-S

Hmm.. anywayz., there is nothing there that anyone should not read.. if it was., it would not be there :P