Saturday, November 12, 2005

why Tamil music matters the most to me !!



When we say music has no language , how are some fancinated by english ,other by hindi and me by tamil .I dont attach ego to lot of things in life .But tamil music and chennai are things that i fiercely argue with any one claiming it to be best.Many a times i wondered if were to date a blonde american girl ,american born desi girl (dei dei ..ithu konja too much illa )the date would end when i say all i listen to is Tamil Music .

You know what a person should be liked for what he is , tamil music is a vent for all my feeling .While i listen to music for hours to gether there are a few lines in each song that catch my attention ..some time it bring gloom ..sometimes happiness .I am going to post every week the lines that touched my soul .To start with here are a few

Listen to this and tell me if it made sense to your life !!

Kala changli meendum inayalam ..kadal changili inayade .
translation:( Time Chain can rejoin but in love when the connection is lost its lost for ever)
Name of the Movie : Oru Kaloorin in kathai
Title of the Song : Kangal Kalangida

Oru kaloori in kadhai

8 comments:

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Kala changili..!! Enna padam?? I don't know...

Yeah I feel the same ways about Tamil songs.!! Maybe its because we grew up with it.!

Smugam said...

This song is in oru kaloorin kathai very touching song titled "Kangal kandadhu "

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000692.html

KRTY said...

venkittu sir, Shiv is my classmate.. and stays closer to you. Now i have 2 reasons to come to San Jose.. :)

Shiv, here's the lines that kept my weekend going.. "Dol Dolna mamey dol dolna mamey.. saala.. namaste !!"

KRTY said...

blogrolled you Shiv.

Me too said...

Good one. Guess, you can post the name of the movie and link to the song(if available) too.

Smugam said...

AParna

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000692.html

I have appended my post with the link

Anand said...

hi shiv,

You are absolutely right. I love tamil music a lot. I have seen many of my friends saying "Why are you still listening to tamil music" after coming to US. Namma paatu thaan pa.. oru urchagame..:)

I 200% agree with you..

Gladtomeetin said...

Yah Shiv....Even am with you...There are few lyrics which conciously tocuh our heart...

The one am listening to as of now is from parthale paravasam movie, from the song, Anbae Sugama...

"Vazhaikai Oru Vattam Pola, Mudindha Idathil Thodangatha..."